Friday 22 July 2011

Afternoon Delight

Afternoon campers. I hope you’re well and looking forward to a weekend of dodging the monsoons. I know I am.

As it’s Friday afternoon and you’re probably putting off that important thing you’ve got to do before the weekend until Monday, here is something that will keep you going until 5.30.

It’s been sometime since this high-brow media outlet has had some gratuitous flesh on show so I thought it would be a good idea to catch up with the “fastest-growing pro sports league in the [USA]”. Not my words, the words of NBC Sport’s Rick Chandler. That’s right folks; it’s time to catch up with the Lingerie Football League. Fuck yeah.



Now this isn’t a sport I tend to keep a close eye on – except when alone in a darkened room – so I missed the ’10-’11 campaign. But it looked, to the untrained eye, like an absolute gusset ripper (is that alright to say? Fuck it, I’ve said it now).

The Western Conference champions, Los Angeles Temptation, took on Eastern Conference winners, Philadelphia Passion, in the 2011 Lingerie Bowl and what an encounter it was. Temptation pipped the Passion to the title defeating the ladies from Philly 26-25 in a hard fought battle of flesh on flesh [loosens collar, wipes sweat from brow].


With finals of this calibre it’s amazing that the LFL has not caught on more on these shores. So I appeal to you, men of England, men of Britain. Please, for the love of god, watch more LFL. These girls deserve your appreciation.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful, wonderful stuff.
    I wonder if the Lingerie Rugby Football League would take off in the UK? - Jesus

    ReplyDelete